This is my first attempt , I did well in all sections ( Listening / writing / speaking ) but not the reading , it was hard for me , I could not finish it in time
I took the academic IELTS 2/2/2013 in Riyadh ( Saudi Arabia ) in British Council
Speaking section :
Although im good in speaking , i was a little bit nervous in last 30 minutes before the test , i was afraid of not remember some words when i need it , which may affect my fluency. i did some relaxing techniques , and after few minutes the examiner called my name . when i entered the room the nervous return again oh god ! the examiner notices it and said to me relax every thing will be ok , are you ready ? i said yes , he was very polit , smiling all the time , and when i answer a question he moves his head as agreement which was very helpfull to remove the nervous , I was worried about having examiner who just staring at me without making any move like a wall !
- What is your full name ?
- In which part of Riyadh do you live ?
- Do you think it is interesting to live there ?
- Are going to live there in the future ?
- Lets talk about the internet , do you use the internet?
- Do you remember what was your first use of the internet ?
- Do all of your family members use the internet ?
- What is the bad things that could happen from using the internet ?
-Ok , lets talk about weather , which kind of weather do like ?
( he gave me only few sec to answer , he wanted short answers , about 10 sec , in all of these Qs i prefered to speak until he stop me because i have something to say realtied with the questions )
Talk about an equipment ( not a computer ) that you find it useful
- Why it is useful .
- It is easy to use. ( or do people find it easy to use ? )
- When and where do you use it .
( before i start thinking, I asked him : can i talk about mobile phone ? he said : yes , but not computer or laptop . although it was very easy topic to talk about , at the end of it i realized that i used simple answers , and i didn’t use sophisticated sentences , but at least i kept talking until he stopped me , because before the exam, sometimes i run out of ideas )
- Lets talk about equipment in house , can you tell me about an equipment important in the house ?
( I talked about AC because its very important here )
- what do you thing about clean house and vacuuming , now and in the past.
( i made a mistake here i said something : to clean the dirty , when i said it i found it dose not make scene , i thought about dirt for 0.5 sec but i didn’t say it and prefered to keep the ball rolling , and i knew it is wrong from his face )
- Nowadays we have many equipment in the house, do you thing there are some disadvantages for that ?
( talked about cost of the bill , and about it might be dangers if the children use it )
- if you going to design equipment for the house , what are the most important criteria s ?
( answered : friendly easy to use , safe , reasonable price )
Writing section :
was bar chart about what men and women in England in 2001 (not sure about the date but it is in the past ) do in their free-time
and the bar char list different activities such as reading , playing computer games , visit friends , do sport and exercise (and some others )
I don’t remember it exactly , but was about visit public museums and art gallerias are not that important nowadays because of the use of computer . do you agree or disagree ?
Reading section :
My worst nightmare by all meaning ^^” , was tooooo hard for me , i could not finish any topic of the 3 topics in time , i sacrificed a lot of questions because of the time maybe 7-10 Q’s
although i did 5 samples ( old IELTS ) and my average score was 6 ,i think i can’t get even 5 in my real test unfortunately … I really think of taking another IELTS just because of my reading.
I found those tips , I really wish i read it before the test , especially number 3 :
I was looking in all the text for each question , which waste a lots of time : (
Listening section :
was not very hard , about :
- joining sport club
- fire alarm
- 2 students taking about choosing 2 courses .
- the last part was about fluctuation for some animals i remember it was about rats and kangaroo rat .
everyday i refresh this page many time to see if they revealed my result , although i know it need 7-10 days , i can’t stop doing it ^^
until now while i am sleep i dreamed like 3 times about this IELTS , but the good thing is I saw my scores in some sections were high , I hope this is will be true , CAN’T WAIT !